Friends of Lanchester
We are a group of voluntary parents who aim to raise funds and help to support the education and wellbeing of our Lanchester children. Our events and fundraising initiatives help to raise vital funds for school equipment or experiences to enrich school life.
The playground adventure trail, story workshops and fun experiences such as panto and discos are just a few of the things our donations have paid for. For the next couple of years, we are focusing on fundraising for an all-weather flooring for the adventure playground to enable our children to use the equipment all year round.
Every parent, carer and staff member of Lanchester is automatically a member of Friends of Lanchester. We know that it’s not always easy to find the time so you can decide how active you’d like to be. There’s always an opportunity to get involved whether it’s volunteering your time or ideas.
We really appreciate the support from our school community. If you want to find out more,
feel free to stop any of us when you see us or email us on:
Co-Chairs | Sally Bownes and Helen Gibson
Co- Secretary | Laura Robson and Michaella Simpson
Treasurer | Tracey Bravo
Social Media & Communications | Chloe Harper
School Rep | Claire Hammond
We also have a network of many wonderful class reps and volunteers.
How you can help us
1. JOIN OUR TEAM! The committee is a small team that organises events and fundraising
initiatives. We meet to coordinate dates, brainstorm ideas and assign responsibilities for each event.
2. VOLUNTEER AT EVENTS. We understand not everyone has the time to sit in on meetings
and plan events. Before each event we usually do a shout out for volunteers to help
us with specific tasks at events mostly selling refreshments or running a stall. You
can join our WhatsApp group to hear more.
3. JOIN EASY FUNDRAISING. All you need to do is, click here and join for free. Every time
you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start
shopping. After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to us. We’re
really grateful for your donations.
4. SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL LOTTERY. You can join our school lottery for only £1 a week and
have the chance to win £25,000! Find our page here.
5. ASK YOUR COMPANY TO FUND MATCH US. Certain companies partner with PTAs to fund
certain events or to sponsor prizes. Big companies will ‘match’ some of the takings
at an event and this will often mean an extra £500 or £1,000 to the school.
6. FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA. Find out what’s going on, share ideas and suggestions.
7. SCHOOL UNIFORM DONTATIONS. Donate any Lanchester branded jumpers or PE t-shirts
you no longer need or want that is in good re-sellable condition. Drop your donations
at the school office.